Download Idealware’s Free Social Media Decision GuideOctober 26th, 2011 by johnhaydon
If your organization is still trying to figure out how to use social media, you are not alone! Every organization, from the Red Cross on down to the single-person nonprofit, is struggling to figure out how social media fits into their overall communications strategy.
Fortunately for everyone, a wide variety of research is becoming increasingly available. Razoo published research on comparing Mac and PC users, and proof that email fundraising is still king. And today, Idealware published the 2nd edition of the Social Media Decision Guide.
What the heck is a social media decision guide?
There are many decisions you have to make around social media:
- Which platforms work best for your goals?
- How should social media be integrated with my other communications channels?
- What role does social media play in our fundraising efforts?
- Should you use it at all?
The Decision Guide walks you through all of these questions, and even includes a workbook to help you get started with building out your own social media strategy.
The Decision Guide includes:
- Findings from their 2011 Facebook Survey, 2011 Twitter Survey, Discussion Groups and Case Study Analysis. They also compare this data with the same reports from 2010, so you get a comprehensive 18-month look at important trends.
- How to decide which social media channels are best for your your goals.
- How to set smart goals (page 11).
- Considerations around your audience,existing resources, and how to integrate with your other communications channels in terms of tone, message and policies.
- A sample audience survey.
- Plus a whole bunch of really useful worksheets, including:
- Worksheet: IDENTIFYING YOUR SOCIAL MEDIA GOALS
- Worksheet: ENSURING “SMART” GOALS
- Worksheet: DEFINING YOUR AUDIENCE
- Worksheet: BRAINSTORMING TOOL POSSIBILITIES
- Worksheet: DEFINING CAMPAIGNS AND MAINTENANCE
Download Idealware’s Decision Guide here.